Role: Business Development Officer
Location: South West London
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
For nearly 50 years, our client has been providing impartial information on assistive technology/equipment for daily living to help people live at home independently. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Officer to undertake campaigns that support people to access the assistive technology that can change their lives positively.
This role will involve working with organisations in the public, commercial and third sector whose work helps older and disabled people make good choices about equipment for independent living.
Are you right for the job?
- Are you a confident communicator with experience of business development
- Do you thrive in an environment that encourages you to promote business solutions with a social purpose?
- Do you have a strong track record of achieving targets?
- Are you used to working at senior level in a range of external organisations?
- Are you organised and thorough with a customer service ethos?
- Do you motivate people, work well in a team and stay focused under pressure?
- Increase our clients income through uptake of our services such as training, licensing, sponsorship and conferences
- Research and develop new contacts amongst target organisations which will include public sector (local authorities, NHS), commercial organisations such as housing associations and care providers, charities and others
- Act as the business development lead on Training programme and assist in developing the profile and income for our clients Training arm which can be quickly expanded.
- To carry out phone-based campaigns to identify prospects for our clients services
- To provide fully costed proposals to potential customers to a high standard
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the older/disabled persons’ arena in which client operates, including a good knowledge of competitor activities.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of clients current and planned services to ensure opportunities are optimised with existing and new partners, optimising all opportunities.
- Plan and execute face-to-face presentations.
- Develop marketing and sales materials to support the role.
- Maintain clear and accurate records and contact reporting including sales pipeline reports, on CRM database.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the organisation to support the development of service offerings/developments.
- To participate and report fully in team meetings
- To take part in any events and other offsite meetings agreed in advance with line manager
- Assistive Technology
- Business Development
- Organisational Skills
- Market Intelligence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job