Overview of the role:
The Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for the development of new business within the defined territory (country/countries or worldwide, for example) and the management of direct accounts within the defined markets (e.g. automotive testing or survey and mapping). This role is responsible for new market investigation and the development of new 'strategic bets' by exploiting opportunities for growth through new market applications. The role will work with customers to define and prototype products and business models based on cutting edge technology in conjunction with Product Engineers, Application Engineering and R&D. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer the role will work closely with the teams within Commercial, Support and Application Engineering.
- To achieve sales target through management and development of current and new business (direct customers, integrators, or end users).
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilising the opportunity tracking system to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide accurate, detailed forecasts for customers in which the business development manager is responsible.
- Attend exhibitions, trade shows and other events worldwide as required to meet customers, develop contacts and to seek new opportunities.
- Develop technical knowledge of existing products, technology and capabilities to provide customer training and demonstrations.
- Provide feedback to other parts of the business including to Product Engineers/Product Managers on product or services features or ideas.
- Responsible for the identification, investigation, and development of emerging opportunities for the company
- Investigate new markets and opportunities, build business models, and implement the plan for sales growth.
- Working with Product Engineers/Application Engineering, take viable options for new solutions or business models, to test by prototyping with users and Key Opinion Leaders.
- Identify new market opportunities and develop a suitable business model for a 'strategic bet'.
- Identify key opinion leaders and customers to partner in product development for new markets.
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities.
- Develop compelling rationale for investment in the opportunity and gain business buy-in.
Key Account Management:
- Manage the day to day commercial relationship with current direct accounts within the defined market/s and grow the existing accounts.
- Develop detailed strategic plans to manage territory; identify and grow business for both short- and long-term revenue growth.
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence with customers including regular documented quarterly business reviews for key accounts. Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers.
- Identify customer's needs, goals, and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of company products, services, knowledge, and expertise; inform, train and influence customers.
- Identify specific customer requirements that may require development within the company and lead process to justify development with Product Engineers/Product Managers and Application Engineering.
Enquiries and Quotations:
- Manage the process from initial enquiry through to one-off sale or regular repeat business.
- Act as first line for commercial issues escalated by either Support Engineers and/or Sales Administrator or Internal Sales Specialist escalating to and working closely with the Business Managers and/or Chief Commercial Officer as necessary to resolve these issues.
- Provide commercial support for direct business, ensuring the customer selects the correct equipment, that orders or contracts are sound and profitable.
- Answering sales queries on products, terms of business, etc., using email, telephone, Skype, etc. Communications to be well-written, clear and appropriately detailed.
- Prepare and follow up on quotations for new sales and repairs/other services. Understand standard terms and conditions of sale. Operate the discounting policy. Select suitable products for the customers' needs.
Experience and skills:
- Candidates must have a technical engineering background or a degree in an engineering field.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate experience of sales or business development in a technically complex market.
- Responsible for the identification, investigation and development of emerging opportunities and build business models for new products and applications and implement those plans
- Develop strategic plans to manage the day to day relationship and growth of existing accounts, identifying customer needs, goals and challenges and providing them with suitable solutions.
- Experience of dealing with international markets.
- Candidates will either be qualified by experience or have a degree or equivalent in a science/engineering discipline with marketing/sales/business development experience (and ideally some formal qualifications in marketing/sales/business).
- Business Development
- Customer Requirements
- Key Accounts
- Management Skills
- Market Opportunities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'