Job title of vacancy:
Business Development Manager
Salary / Benefits etc.:
Salary - £40k + car + commission
Job Elements: -
- To generate new sales to achieve maximum profitability against annual sales targets set out by the company.
- To identify and exploit new sales opportunities within the public sector market.
- To be responsible for the commercial negotiation of new contracts with the customers.
- To ensure that any sales potential is fully exploited.
- To establish and maintain effective communication links with other company departments; to identify all sales opportunities and to confirm the details of the sales when the new business is achieved, to ensure that the customer transitional process is effectively handled by the business.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- To maintain awareness of company services and of relevant sales techniques to ensure that the business development role is carried out as effectively as possible.
- To keep abreast of the competition and liaise with the head of sales and the MD on a regular basis to ensure that the company maintains and develops its competitive position.
- To play a part in the development of new business development initiatives and the promotion and marketing of the company’s services to ensure the achievement of the company’s business plan and corporate objectives.
- To provide a source of expertise to managers on carrying our market research.
- To undertake any other duties for which the business development manager is requested from time to time by the management team.
Required Skills & Experience
- The person needs to be able to demonstrate success in winning contracts in a competitive public sector marketplace
- The individual needs to possess experience of selling at a senior level within the public sector
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate his/her sales approach with regards to selling into the public sector
- The individual will possess excellent knowledge of the public sector tender sites, associated and relevant Lots i.e RM6068, how to penetrate these lots, the associated costs and required certifications.
- The person will be able to demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with customers both external and internal
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written to communicate effectively
- The successful candidate will possess a high level of computer skills
- Experience in completing complex tenders
- Experience of attending customer sites and lots of travel
- Experience of dealing with an environment of change
- CRM, sales pipeline & forecasting experience
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'