Are you a driven business development professional looking to do some real good with your career? Want to play an integral role in the ongoing success of a progressive criminal justice charity? If so, we want to hear from you.
User Voice is dedicated to making the criminal justice system work for everyone and improving rehabilitation through collaboration.
Our work is led and delivered by ex-offenders who consistently foster dialogue between the users and providers of services within the criminal justice system. This is crucial in giving us the insight, credibility and access to do our job well.
We’ve been delivering significant change in the criminal justice system for a decade by amplifying the voice of users and enabling them to make a real difference.
We’re currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Head Office in London and support our fundraising activities.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Join an innovative charity that is making a real impact
- Become part of a determined team who are passionate about what they do
This is a great opportunity to join us at a key point in our evolution. With a newly recruited senior management team and our inspirational CEO/Founder, we have ambitious plans to scale up our already highly successful initiatives – and that’s where you come in.
You will have the chance to shape our business development strategy, which will enable us to continue our vital work, reach more people in need of our support and ignite real change.
As the Business Development Manager, you will develop our income from a diverse range of trusts, foundations, statutory bodies and other funders.
In this key role, you will identify future business development and funding opportunities, and write and submit compelling applications and grant proposals in support of our organisational objectives.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, deliver and refine our business development strategy
- Understand our mission to develop and maintain your knowledge of the marketplace, competitors, and opportunities for partnerships
- Build a strong network of external contacts
- Develop more effective and sustainable systems and processes for managing the bid lifecycle, from research to pipeline to submission
To join us as a Business Development Manager, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of leading, planning and reviewing strategic business development
- Experience of delivering bid success and developing a new business pipeline
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and the transforming policy agenda, including the nationalisation of services
- Excellent judgment and the ability to advise and influence at a senior level
- Great organisational and project management skills, with the ability to juggle competing priorities and deliver them on time
Other organisations may call this role New Business Development Manager, BDM, Fundraising Manager, Partnerships Manager, or Fundraising and Partnerships Manager.
User Voice works with children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes.
We welcome applications from everyone and encourage applications from people who have been in prison or on probation. Diversity and inclusion matter to us. Working with people from a diverse background means a diversity of ideas so we can look at the world with fresh eyes and continue to challenge and change established ideas. We champion diversity, value all experience and believe in removing barriers.
So, if you’re looking for a new challenge as a Business Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'