Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director ACS
Based at: Unit 14 Blackhill Rd W, Holton Heath, Poole BH16 6LE
ACS was formed in 1987 to provide quality Material Testing and Consultancy services to the Building, Construction and Civil Engineering industries. Over the past 30 years, ACS has steadily expanded and developed, now providing a comprehensive UKAS Accredited Sampling, Site Testing and Laboratory Testing service for a wide range of materials. An opportunity has now arisen for a Business Development Manager to join the team to assist in developing new and existing client relationships, manage the sales process and win new business.
As part of our growth plans for ACS we are recruiting a business developer to join our sales and commercial team. We are looking for someone experienced in working in a construction and infrastructure environment, with an understanding of construction supply chains, contracting and government procurement portals. You will head up a small team of 3 sales and marketing administrators and work closely with the managers who run our materials and environmental testing and geotechnical services businesses.
Your role will be to find and develop new client relationships in the construction sector, manage the sales process and win new business to generate profitable sales for ACS.
- Identify new target prospects in the infrastructure contracting sector for ACS’ testing services
- Develop relationships within construction firms (and where appropriate their advisors) to ensure ACS is positioned as a preferred testing partner and geotechnical advisor.
- Formulate a sales plan covering new business in the infrastructure construction, developer, housing, local authority, secondary and primary aggregates and construction waste and materials markets.
- Manage the ACS customer services and sales administration function to support existing customers and respond to and follow up sales enquiries received.
- Manage sales and business development process within ACS and coordinate commercial activity with the materials testing, environmental testing and geotechnical services businesses.
- Maintain and develop a database of sales leads and manage the introduction of Salesforce CRM system into ACS.
- Produce regular sales reports showing progress vs budget and attend regular ACS management meetings
- Develop a marketing plan and coordinate ACS marketing activity to generate new leads and raise ACS’ profile in its chosen markets, as well as tracking competitor activity.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the construction industry procurement.
- Experience of quantity surveying and project estimating. - Beneficial
- Familiarity with procurement processes and portals. - Beneficial
- IT literacy and experience of sales management and CRM systems (preferably Salesforce). - Ability to learn
- Attention to detail and experience of managing costings, detailed terms and conditions and supply chains.
- Must be self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on delivering high quality, profitable business.
- Good customer facing skills. Must be personable, credible and comfortable in dealing with clients at all levels of seniority.
- Must have a driving licence.
- Education should be to at least college standard.
- Individual may have worked in middle management quantity surveying roles within a construction company and is seeking a new commercial challenge.
- The role is based in Poole, on the South Coast and near the New Forest. Time will be spent with clients across the South of the UK.
Package will depend on experience but will be competitve and include commission of up to 30%.
Relocation package will be payable if required.
No agencies please.
- Business Development
- General Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'