Glenigan, part of Ascential, are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our sales team in Bournemouth. This role has ownership of the full customer journey and sits within one of the most successful brands within the Ascential Group.
We offer extensive sales training and clear career progression for successful individuals. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning commission as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
About the role
You will be focused on a variety of industries from SME's to industry leaders, an example of our key clients are: Kier Group, Lend Lease, Dyno, Waverley, Tarmac, Samsung, Hilton Hotel, Premier Inn, Travel Lodge, Marks and Spencer's, Waitrose, Fitness First and Shelter.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets - ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the generation of new business
- Speaking to relevant B2B decision makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
- Demonstrating the system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer's business
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the quarterly sales target
- Preparing, presenting and negotiating business proposals to clients
- Closing of sales over the phone or by booking further appointments with the decision makers for onsite meetings
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential
- Previous B2B sales experience
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry would be an advantage
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong negotiation, closing and objection handling skills
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
Based near the beach, we have a local business feel, but we're part of a global plc too, providing opportunities to leverage multiple brands' experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Glenigan is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?
- Business Development
- new business
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'