Our CLIENT is a member of one of the fastest-growing PALLET DISTRIBUTION networks in the UK, with a comprehensive and expanding service to mainland Europe.
ROLE: Business Development Manager
AREA: South / South East
SALARY: £30K to £40k basic salary, Bonus scheme, company car, mobile, laptop
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER covering the South / South East. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director you will be promoting the full portfolio of our client's PALLET services which include Domestic nextday/premiums, Ireland, Channel Isles & European Road. You will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying & gaining new business within these areas, signing up accounts on behalf of the client. The role will demand the development of profitable, long- term relationships at the highest level with customers across a range of sectors.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
* Generate new Sales leads and Revenue for the Pallet network from new and existing client base within the Domestic and European Markets.
* Achieve set targets in order to determine and accomplish the Pallet network and the Sales Department's, target requirements.
* Complete on time and to schedule, as and required, all relevant reporting procedures to both the Pallet network and member depot.
* Participate in the organisation of corporate events in conjunction with relevant people.
* Liaise, as necessary, with Pallet member depots and Departmental Managers, in order to determine and support the delivery of customer requirements.
* Work within the framework of company procedures.
* Promote the establishment and development of the clients brand image. Be proactive in generating and reporting all relevant market intelligence.
* Track sales leads generated, follow-up as appropriate, and update relevant databases for both the Pallet Networks and the member depot.
* Represent the company at trade fairs and keep abreast of developments within the market sector.
* Deliver sales and marketing presentations to clients, as and when necessary.
* To be familiar with, and have an understanding of, the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
* To carry out all your duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
* To co-operate fully with the Pallet network in matters of health & safety.
The ideal candidate will have a real 'presence' & will be able to present at board level & be comfortable speaking to key decision makers. Because our client has a wide range of products they would welcome candidates that have a proven track record in closing business within specific markets. i.e. PALLETS, HAULAGE, EURO ROAD, PARCELS etc.
Finally the successful candidate must be presentable, self motivated, good communicator, focused & above all with a 'must win' attitude.
£30k - £40k basic salary
20 days holiday
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'