Business Development Manager
£64,000- £76,000 + benefits + bonus
A Business Development Manager opportunity has arisen working for the world's leading manufacturer of diesel and natural gas engines.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing a team accountable for inter-company transfers and technical installation/development of 0.5-7.1 litre engines used in our machinery.
- Maintaining existing and developing new technical procedures to ensure engine installations meet stringent in-machine sign-off requirements.
- Sponsoring 6 Sigma projects and allocating resources to those projects to drive business improvements and efficiency.
- Championing the goal to maintain a market based competitive offering and lead initiatives from our customers into the product groups that are intended to support growth through enhancing the products and services offered.
- Executing the groups vision to become the engine provider of choice for the enterprise by creating strategies that continue to grow the Share of Wallet within the enterprise portfolio.
- Leading improvements in operational performance that support machine businesses to meet the People, Quality, Velocity and Cost goals.
- Building close working relationships across the enterprise to ensure the development and execution of strategies that generate highly profitable contributions to the enterprise.
- Monitoring and executing NPI deliverables, ensuring correct application and production sign off are completed on time.
- Developing annual pricing and planning assumptions ensuring that the execution of the annual pricing process is defect free.
- Building up a complete business profile from the annual planning process to demonstrate the impact from the economic environment.
- A technical or business management related college degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial team leadership experience, preferably gained at least in part in a 6 Sigma and/or program management based environment
- A working knowledge of a structured product development process, ideally New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Evidence of progressively responsible job-related experience and a good understanding of either an engine or machine business
- Good management, motivational and problem solving skills along with a demonstrated history of building good relationships across multiple groups
- Team supervisory experience, preferably with a measurable track record of building a highly engaged and productive team
- Working knowledge of engine and engine systems, particularly recent developments in off-highway diesel engine emissions control systems and electronically controlled engines
- Sales, marketing and commercial experience, particularly relating to winning new business and creating a long term business partnership
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'