Help Resourcing Limited are working with a large independent Builders Merchant. They have stores in London and Hertfordshire with over 280 staff and sell 22,000 different building, electrical, plumbing and DIY products to the construction industry.
They are a family run organisation who offer a very competitive package with great prospects within the company. They are also extremely well established with nearly 40 years experience in the industry. They want to drive and develop their business following the addition of a 65,000 sq ft distribution warehouse linked to their existing Watford store.
Role: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Sales Director
Overall purpose of the job
To develop and implement a sales plan aligned to business objectives for new, existing key and lapsed accounts to achieve profitable sales performance and growth by developing the branches existing customer base.
- In conjunction with the SD, look at the market share, consider where there are opportunities for growth and develop within existing and lapsed customers in line with the overall strategic business objectives
- Maximise business development opportunities via regular structured review meetings with key customers
- Proactively assist customers with potential opportunities through the support of other business areas (branches, departments etc.)
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Purchasing- advice on key product lines and roofing product profiles, meeting with suppliers to agree key ranges and pricing etc
- Proactively cross-sell and make customers aware of what you can also offer
- Regular review of account plan Department Managers to include strategy, sales tactics, sales plans, margin targets and include action to move accounts forward
- Highlight and act on relationship gaps by networking with all relevant departments within the customer account
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams and departments such as Hardware, Transport, Plumbing, Electrical, and the Kitchen and Bathroom showrooms.
- Take ownership to support the resolution of any issues and problems faced by customers to maintain trust
Commercial / Head office Teams
- Commercial acumen from a roofing company/sector environment is essential
- Highly organised with excellent planning and time management abilities
- Results driven
- Communication and influencing skills
- Ability to successfully influence key stakeholders
- Proven relationship builder both internally with team and colleagues, and externally with customer and suppliers
- Able to handle conflict and deal with customer issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ethical, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to accurately report and deliver/present results
- Exceptional sales skills with a proven track record of achieving results independently and by managing a team
- Product knowledge - builders merchant sector essential
- Satisfactory IT skills to support the functions of the role
- Attractive basic salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Performance related KPI bonus
- Excellent career progression
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Car
- Company Mobile Phone/Laptop
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.
- Field Sales
- Sales Executive
- External Clients
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'