Our Client a leading electrical engineering company require a Business Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis
This is a largely field based sales role. Planning, implementing and controlling the region/area selling operations. This will entail managing existing customer base, prospecting and winning new accounts primarily in the commercial vehicle aftermarket sectors. Some of this business will be taken directly, some indirectly.
The job includes telephone prospecting for new business contacts and leads, exhibition attendance as deemed necessary, head office meetings and the day to day territory management both externally and internally.
It will be necessary for the successful candidate to have a "home" office and will be expected, from time to time, to travel to thier Head Office based in South Darenth in Kent.
Please note the areas you will be covering are Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Avon, Wilts, South & Mid Wales, Gloucs, Worcs, Warks. Ideally living in Bristol/Cardiff/Swindon/Gloucester/Taunton area.
- Manage and report monthly on a sales 'pipeline’ of prospects and customers
- Telephone prospecting - mainly using the company’s existing database of fleet contacts
- Write persuasive sales letters
- Follow up sales leads by telephone, email, and with personal visits
- Negotiate prices within agreed limits and provide verbal and written quotations
- Attend / work on the company’s stand at exhibitions and conferences as required
- Agree sales targets with line manager, and work to meet these targets
- Maintain, on the company’s database, an accurate and up-to-date record of all interactions with prospects and customers
- Keep adequate records ensuring customer records are regularly updated
- Learn and thoroughly understand the products and services offered by the Company, and keep fully up-to-date in this respect
- Co-ordination and co-operation is required with all sales, administration and management staff.
- Participation in team meetings, training courses and workshops is required
- Close links with sales and marketing staff will need to be developed and maintained in order that the sales activity is efficient and low cost
- Required to present a positive and professional image at all times
- Ensure that good customer relationships are established and maintained with prospects and customers
Experience and skills
- Minimum of 5 years field sales experience in the commercial vehicle and/or mobile machinery markets Strategic selling to large, medium and small organisations
- A knowledge of plant and commercial vehicle electrical systems
- Developing the aftermarket as well as specific market sectors
- Consistently meeting financial targets and achieving sales growth
- A proven track record of innovation and success in territory sales
- Working and negotiating with customers at all levels to win business
- Experience in Account Management
- Excellent negotiation skills
If the above sounds like you and you would like to know more, APPLY NOW !!!
- Business Development
- Sales Leads
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"