Our goal is to find: the right talent the right job.
- Position: Business Development Manager
- Location: Stevenage, Herts
- Salary: £35,000 per annum + Company Car
- Contract: Permanent (Full-Time)
Business Development Manager:
- Are you a hardworking, positive, self-motivated individual?
- Do you have the desire to learn about a whole new service/product and become an expert?
- Can you speak passionately about disability and equality?
- Do you have a proven track record of or working to and controlling an agreed sales process?
- Have you got a proven track record of meeting sales targets using a consultative sales approach?
- Are you able to accurately predict when sales will close to ensure you do not overpromise and under deliver?
- Are you an exceptional presenter, with great persuasive skills?
- Do you have the confidence and work ethic to gain high level appointments with potential prospects?
- Are you someone with the gravitas and presence to deal with people at all levels of an organisation, including Directors and CEOs?
- Do you thrive under pressure and have the resilience to deal with rejection?
- Are you able to manage objections successfully and maintain a professional demeanour at all times?
- Do you have the tenacity and aptitude to explore multiple avenues to gaining a sale?
- Do you have experience using CRM systems, such as Zoho or Salesforce?
- Have you had previous experience raising invoices and drafting agreements?
- Do you have excellent written skills with the capability to write proposals and briefing documents?
- Are you a team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues and managers?
- Are you able to take responsibility for failures as well as successes and learn from them?
- Are you happy travelling UK wide, staying away from home on occasion?
- Are you someone who has been previously trusted with responsibility and a degree of autonomy?
If you answer 'YES’ to the above, then this position could be the next exciting career opportunity as a 'Business Development Manager’ which you’re looking for...
- Our client is a highly established and respected social enterprise based in Stevenage. The company works UK wide and has over 300 prestigious public and private sector clients. The organisation works to tackle social isolation and inequality through better information provision for disabled people.
- The company is looking for a talented, hardworking, results driven individual to join its Business Development Team. This is no ordinary sales role; the successful candidate must be passionate about our clients social mission and the difference it makes.
- As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for generating new business in 4 areas - local authority, NHS, education, private sector, as designated by the Head of Business Development. This will include identifying prospects, making approaches, securing high level meetings, presentations, drafting proposals, managing the sales process, drafting agreements, raising invoices and updating CRM records. The role will also include producing briefing reports for the organisation’s senior management team and investigating potential new markets. The successful candidate will need to work with multiple teams across the business to ensure a joined up approach is taken to renewal business and marketing opportunities.
Education and Skills:
- Educated to degree level and / or possessing significant sales experience.
- Keen to work in the charity or social enterprise sector.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information with a desire to learn and understand new things.
- Strong research skills with the ability to prepare briefing papers and proposals.
- Exceptional organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills - telephone, email and face to face.
- Ability to engage and persuade people at all levels in a diverse range of organisations.
- Happy to work to challenging targets.
- Strong presentation skills, able to chair meetings and objection handle.
- Confident with MS Office and new IT systems.
- Valid UK driving licence and passport.
- Knowledge of disability and equality matters, ideally including a working knowledge of Equality Act (2010).
- Proven sales experience, reaching revenue targets and keeping control of the sales process.
- Knowledge of CRMs e.g. Zoho, Salesforce
- Knowledge of accounting / invoicing systems e.g. Xero
About TalentHQ Recruitment Ltd
TalentHQ Ltd are an "Award Winning" recruitment consultancy which is headed up by a team of talented consultants.
Within our HQ we specialise in adding 'talent' within Temporary & Permanent positions across all Business Support roles from Junior to Senior Management.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SMEs businesses throughout the UK.
Awards: FSB Hertfordshire - Best New Business - Winners 2014 & Most Inspiring New Business 2015.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"