Are you tenacious, positive by nature, pedantic with the detail and not afraid of being results driven? Do you have an excellent commercial understanding, able to build solid relationships at both our business and across our customer base?
Can you manage to win and implement major contracts that could involve many different businesses (you may be working across them all!) but most important of all are you driven by new business?
- A drive for new business development.
- A great positive attitude.
- Project management skills.
- Good IT and organisational skills.
- A sound commercial understanding.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to prioritise workload and are self-driven.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Proven success, knowledge and at least 6+ years of successful experience in a Business Development role
- A history of building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Good project management skills
You will be able to:
- Work with a team to agree target clients, budgets and plans
- Develop client specific strategies to win new business
- Travel within the UK for meetings with clients and internal stakeholders
- Preparation of presentation material and pitch to clients
- Build strong relationships.
- Oversee the post business award period with internal teams
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & activity reports to the Leadership team
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Leadership team and other company functions
You might also have:
- Packaging or food co-packing experience.
- An understanding of the UK retail market.
- An understanding of e-commerce.
- Strong entrepreneurial approach with a proven track record of gaining and maintaining new customers
- Business Development
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job