Better Placed are currently recruiting a Senior Business Development role in the fascinating landscape that is the communications industry. As the industry is undergoing an ever-changing shift towards digital, this role is with a company that is innovation-driven, providing novel and modern-day solutions.
There is now a newly created role for a Senior Business Development Manager that will focus on delivering new longer term, lucrative contracts for the business. This will require a strong understanding of the product, a proactive "hunter" mentality and experience in selling business solutions, ideally in digital, SaaS or in communications management.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role sits separately from the Account Management team so you will be 100% focused on looking for new clients in a range of sectors including Banking, Telecoms, Utilities Financial Services and Public Sector.
- Developing a strategic business plan, focussing on identifying prospective sectors and clients within the sectors.
- Identifying key prospects and understanding their current business communications process.
- Providing a solution to secure long-term contracts with high order value.
- Providing regular reports to the Sales Director.
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing and Account Management departments to develop the customer proposition and identifying future prospects.
- Developing Business Development Executives and utilising resources effectively.
- Working towards a 3 year business plan, providing SWOT analysis to the senior management team to shape business strategy.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Significant Sales Management experience, ideally from a Communications, Print or Digital Solutions business.
- Comfortable in pitching for significant contracts.
- A natural influencer with a track record against sales objectives.
- A Business Development background as opposed to an Account Manager.
- Strategic experience in developing a business plan.
- Stakeholder management abilities at board level.
The package for this role is highly competitive with uncapped commission, car allowance, PHC and pension. Salary guideline is £60,000 - £75,000.
This is a national role with head offices based in Yorkshire.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing and Sales Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are "better placed" to recruit marketing and sales talent for some of the UK's, and even world's biggest brands
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job