Business Development Manager
Basic Salary £30,000 - £40,000
+ OTE earnings of up to 40% of basic salary
+ Company Car and fuel card
To identify and develop new business opportunities and revenue streams and provide a high level of account management to existing customers.
This is a consultative role and would suit a strong Account Manager/ BDM with a proven track record developing accounts and revenue by listening to the customers needs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Achieve individual monthly and annual sales revenue targets from new business and existing customers.
- Achieve lead generation targets.
- B2B development
- Provide estimates, quotations and costing proposals.
- Dealing with incoming enquiries.
- Securing customer appointments.
- Site surveys.
- Work with marketing to develop a clear marketing strategy for product line and appropriate sales tools.
- Proactively identify and develop new business opportunities and revenue streams.
- Provide market intelligence and feedback to marketing, engineering and other appropriate divisions.
- Chase any overdue accounts not being collected by Finance Department.
This is not intended as a complete or definitive statement of all duties or responsibilities of the job but as a record of the principal elements.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Invoiced Sales.
- Number of orders.
- New Business Development.
- New Product Development.
Professional/Vocational Qualifications or Specific Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience selling B2B, ideally in a similar role and industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience of selling technical products.
- A proven track record of successful selling to major accounts and business development experience.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Clean driving license.
- Proactive and professional and committed to providing first class customer service.
- Confident with the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the Company and within its customer/supplier base.
- High level of personal credibility, ability to influence internal decision makers and major customers.
- Critical attention to detail with ability to concentrate on a number of tasks at the same time.
- Resilient and diplomatic negotiator at every level.
- Investigative and problem-solving skills with the ability to seek out "best fit" solution.
- Ability to work alone independently and as part of a Team.
- Ability to remain professional, motivated and focused when under pressure.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated.
- business development