Business Development Manager
Salary: £38,000 to £44,000 OTE
At giant group, we provide a full range of compliance driven global workforce management solutions using unrivalled cloud-based technology and smart managed services. Please visit our website.
With giant umbrella, we help thousands of independent contractors make the most of their income. With a smart mix of expertise, compliance, technology and care, contractors tap into our 25+ years of award-winning experience. We help contractors achieve professional independence with all the benefits of being an employee including giant advantage, our award-winning employee benefits scheme.
Purpose of the Business Development Manager:
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to identify Small Medium Enterprise (SME) clients to sell giant’s umbrella and accountancy services and cross-sell giant’s various service lines by networking, cold calling, email campaigns or other means of generating interest and plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
Working to improve market position and achieve financial growth the Business Development Manager outlines long-term organisational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Requirements of the Business Development Manager:
- Experience in a cold call telephone-based environment with client facing experience
- Experience of developing and converting business opportunities
- Experience of planning workload, establishing priorities within timescales and budgets
- Able to identify, evaluate and successfully obtain new business
- Confident telephone manner and a responsible attitude
- Experience of targeting new business predominantly through phone and email campaigns
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to effectively manage competing demands
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines showing drive, motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to make decisions, within delegated authority parameters
- Ability to research and gather information on new sectors and clients
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent people management and organisation skills
- Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated – must be comfortable in a target-oriented environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face) with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Be receptive and demonstrate a commitment to relevant training / continuous professional development.
- Knowledge of umbrella and accountancy products, recruitment processes, the associated software products and their application is desirable
- Ability to work within a team structure and understand the importance of team work in relation to achieving desired goals and outcomes
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, to undertake a range of administrative tasks
- Operating a shift system within the department, the hours of work will be between 9am to 6pm Mon – Thursday and between 9am to 7pm on Fridays. There will be a requirement for flexible approach to working arrangements in line with business and department.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Business Development Manager role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job