Our client is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with Client Management experience for this exciting role. You will be part of a dedicated Business Unit Team and be responsible for maintaining and developing a portfolio of contracts and tactical projects for a key client account(s), with a clear focus of delivering and exceeding revenue and gross profit targets. Accomplished through the day to day management of clients, identifying and selling in the relevant services to meet their business needs and objectives and where applicable, the creation and execution of a new business strategy to win and maintain new opportunities working in partnership with key client contacts and in line with the company strategy. This role will report in to the Business Unit Director.
What to expect
- Attend regular meetings at the designated Client’s head office as required, per client, which includes possible overnight stays during the working week.
- Hold weekly meetings with the Business Unit Director at Head Office to update and review ongoing and future workload.
- Developing and implementing a contract strategy and work with primary contacts and key decision makers & influencers.
- Delivering organic growth with the current client base, adding to the project pipeline.
- An individual new business target to achieve, you will take the ownership to research the sector; identify target clients and which services can be sold in, ultimately generating new business sales. This will involve elements of cold calling.
- To respond to tender and requests for information in a timely and accurate manner and to generate project briefs for services to the client on a regular basis.
- Building close relationships with clients through deep understanding of their business, its needs and identifying opportunities by leveraging your network.
- Actively targeting relevant new business to your business unit and therefore increasing your client base.
- Manage, track and deliver the sales revenue target at an agreed gross margin %
- Presentation of client / sector updates at monthly team meetings - sharing best practice and key learning’s with the wider Sales Team.
- Marketing - input to campaigns, market intelligence, key timings, including, regular store visits to maintain high levels of marketplace knowledge, monitor competitor activity and share with the wider business.
- Working with the Project Managers in your business unit to ensure margin is delivered by project.
What we’re looking for
- Min 3 years of management of major head office relationships with clients, dealing with events (promotions) and joint business planning in B2B sales - e.g. FMCG, Field Marketing, Merchandising, POP/POS, design and manufacture & other service based industries.
- Proven track record of success in growing profitable sales within the retail sector.
- Sales and negotiations skills - questioning & listening skills
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of operational processes required to deliver all services covering Retail Display, Display Maintenance and Field Marketing etc.
- Strong understanding of people management and the businesses capabilities.
Salary Banding: £24,000 - £30,000 negotiated & based on relative experience and knowledge levels
- Account Management
- Business Development
- New Business Development
- Field Marketing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"