About the Role
BSI are looking for a strong solutions/portfolio sales professional to join our UK software division to help drive new business.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Operations the role is to support the wider sales team as well as finding your own sales pipeline of opportunities.
You will cover the Midlands and South (approximately Birmingham to Guildford, excluding London).
As a business development manager (BDM) your role will include some, or all of the following elements:
- Identifying and developing potential customers for our solutions portfolio through various channels: cold calling, telesales, sales teams, client managers, events.
- Developing a strong pipeline (4x target) and maintaining rigorous detail on Salesforce.
- Achieving sales targets on a consistent basis ie monthly, quarterly and annually.
- High level presentation and demonstration of our software tools.
- Maintaining regular contact with the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
- Working closely with other teams to co-ordinate effective campaigns - marketing, client managers, customer planning, sales.
What we offer
We'll give you all the training and support needed to build your career with our dynamic and growing organisation.
We offer a competitive starting salary alongside 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, manage risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients in 181 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence globally.
Ideally you should:
- Have consistently achieved your sales targets - monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Be able to speak and present at manager and director level.
- Adopt a solutions/consultative approach.
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills with an understanding of sales process and pipeline planning.
- Be someone with the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team, setting their own pro-active goals and targets.
- Be an individual who is analytical, flexible, risk aware, opportunistic and a strategic thinker.
- Software sales background would be desirable.
- Preferred education to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce.
- Business Development
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job