Business Development Manager / Fire & Security
NEW ROAD RECRUITMENT BRINGS TO MARKET A VERY COMPETITIVE PACKAGE, OFFERING A VERY GOOD BASIC SALARY OF £35,000 P.A WITH AN EXPECTED OTE OF £60,000. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO HAVE EXPERIENCE SELLING FIRE AND SECURITY AND HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD.
Start Date: ASAP
Basic Salary: £35,000
On Target Earnings: £60,000
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Liaising with the company Project Estimator and customers directly in a professional manner- face to face, as well as via e-mail and telephone.
- Drive significant sales growth in the Fire & Security sectors
- The business development manager will cover an allocated region, attending meetings as and when required
- Meet and exceed sales and activity targets
- Accountability for all aspects of accounts from agreeing product and specification, formatting proposals, through to the installation and invoicing In line with Company strategy.
- Working from various databases and Web based programs, MS Office.
- Maintenance and development of the customer and prospect database (CRM system)
- Maintaining and developing relationships within existing accounts, and promoting the strategic business ethos
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs, and to engage necessary resource to support the account
- Project support to ensure that the solution sold is effectively implemented Post-Sales support to assure very high customer satisfaction and business
- Working alongside accounts team to ensure correct invoicing and timely payments
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts within the security industry
- Attending key events and training sessions
- Continued training to maintain knowledge of product development
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
Essential requirements for the job:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience selling Security Fire & Security Solutions
- A sound technical knowledge of Fire and Security Systems (Access Control, CCTV, Intuder Alarms & Fire Alarms)
- A proven track record in new business development and account retention within the Large Corporate Business Sectors
- Proactive response to all situations
- Consultative approach with emphasis on new business opportunities
- Exceptional communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and planning skills
- An ability to work accurately under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and manage accounts effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
- Selling Security Systems: 3 years experience
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License
- Business Development
- Access Control
- Fire Alarm