Our client is a rapidly growing Renewable Power Generation company, across a range of technologies, with Assets in several countries worldwide. The size and complexity of the global business is increasing rapidly as new investments are acquired and new assets come on stream.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the purpose of this role is to identify, support and deliver financially viable new business opportunities. The role will primarily work to develop and realize new IPP projects especially in renewable sectors. The role will build key relationships internally and externally to successfully deliver new business and will manage the BD process from commencement to successful completion, ensuring the financial profitability and adequate risk allocation/mitigation of all projects.
As Business Development Manager, you will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
- Manage and support the Business development life cycle process (e.g. due diligence, financing, valuation, and negotiation of contracts including with other partners) as required for each BD project.
- Responsible for developing valuation models and building new ones as new business development opportunities arise.
- Support the closing of the deal including financial settlement.
- Manage and co-ordinate associated activities of external advisors such as legal counsel, financial advisors, tax advisors, technical advisors, and etc.)
- Responsible for generating a pipeline of new BD opportunities; undertaking market analysis and identifying potential new business opportunities.
- Responsible for gathering and analysing preliminary data to carry out feasibility studies.
- Responsible for interrogating and overseeing financial, commercial, and technical data.
- Develop post acquisition KPI’s and help define a robust integration / operating plan.
- Pro-actively update internal colleagues in a timely manner regarding the progress on potential new business opportunities.
- Update the valuation models and run model sensitivities to reflect developing scenarios and to support commercial decision-making.
- Actively support the transfer of new business / projects to Construction / Operations to allow seamless project transfer.
- Provide BD support on ad-hoc initiatives such as assets refinancing as necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong successful business relationships with existing and potential partners.
- Ensure that internal communication and reporting of issues is carried out on a timely basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Educated to minimum Masters’ Degree level in Finance/Economics/Business (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years relevant experience working either in M&A (industry or boutique), Investment Banking, Project Financing, Private Equity or large Accounting or Legal firm
- Experience of Business development process is desirable.
- Experience of / exposure to debt restructuring, term sheets and equity structuring is desirable
- Experience of modelling process is desirable.
- Knowledge of Business Development processes.
- Knowledge of Mergers and Acquisitions and Project Financing.
- Knowledge of project economics and the impact on project returns
- Knowledge of power technologies and the renewable energy industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple BD projects at the same time and to the same quality standard
- High level of financial literacy and numeracy with ability to understand and incorporate financial concepts into models
- Ability to successfully plan and prioritise work
- Tenacity and drive to see BD projects through to successful financial completion.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex data to non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy; including internet, Excel, Word, etc.
- Business Development
- Due Diligence
- International M&A
- New Business Development