Business Development Manager
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
About the company:
Our client is a leading steel stockholding business employing 1200 employees across 25 locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. With 43 companies within the group, their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to achieve an annual gross profit target from new customers. Your focus will be generating revenue, promoted through your customer contact, including customer visits, phone and email. This is a solution selling external role, you will develop a sales strategy to target and develop new customers who operate primarily in the Oil & Gas, and Engineering Steel markets.
Duties of the Business Development Manager:
- Ensure market trends are defined by customers, suppliers and competitor activity
- Develop robust sales plans and seek secure profitable market share and growth
- Develop, publicise and apply a business commercial operating policy
- Develop and monitor customer service standards that build customer retention levels
- Lead negotiations with major and potential customers
- Ensure effective systems of control and information exist and monitor sales performance against plan to maximise profit potential
Requirements of the Business Development Manager:
- You must possess excellent Business Development skills or be capable of moving into this role, you might currently work within the oil and gas and engineering steels or metals sector.
- Full UK driving license
- The ability to develop credibility with both customers and internal colleagues is paramount.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are also required for this role.
- You might currently reside in South Yorkshire or the North East of England
- There is some flexibility with your location, your time will be spent travelling and developing new business in areas including Scotland, South Yorkshire, the Midlands and the North East of England.
Business Development Manager Benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Monthly bonus
- Car / car allowance
- Pension after qualifying period
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Business Development Manager role is right for you then please apply today!