Business Development Manager
Great opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join one of the UK's biggest event and conference venues.
To maximise revenue by securing new business with exhibition and event organisers through a proactive approach to sales and sales management.
This is a critical new role to ensure a proactive approach to sales and work as part of the sales team to adapt and execute the new business sales strategy. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a proven new business sales track record and must possess outstanding organisational and communications skills, impeccable attention to detail; and passion and enthusiasm for events.
Sales & Business Development
- Effectively manage new incoming exhibition enquiries to maximise opportunities and convert to confirmed business.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and sales and marketing team to implement the exhibition and conference sales strategy
- Proactively target a pre determined territory of prospects / potential customers.
- Manage and execute proactive sales in accordance with sales strategy
- Identify and track market trends to anticipate changes within specific industry sectors, and target new business opportunities as appropriate.
- Attend industry events (e.g. awards, conferences, functions)
- Analysis - an ability to understand and analyse financial data, statistics and reports, use this information to maximise growth and profitability.
- Ensure cross-selling opportunities are maximised across other Events divisions.
- Plan and organise workload and prioritise as required according to current business needs.
- Ensure effective handover of repeat business/accounts to the Account Management team
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports/meetings on business activity.
- Contribute to regular industry up-date reports on an ad-hoc basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Of degree calibre
- Extensive selling, negotiation and presentation skills, gained in a venue, conference, event agency, supplier, organiser environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- At least 2 years proven track record in achieving new business sales success in a venue, event organiser or event supplier / agency environment.
- Able to lead sales meetings.
- Proven track record in sales and sales management.
- Experience of contributing to and executing sales strategy and plans.
- Capable of delivering both personal and team objectives.
- An enthusiastic approach to sharing experience.
- Experience and demonstrable success in delivering revenue targets.
- Ability to challenge "the norm" and implement change.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills at a senior level.
- Excellent networking skills - able to build a respected profile within the live event, conference and exhibition organiser community
- Proactive and driven with the ability to manage day to day without the need for close supervision.
- Dynamic and forward thinking, with the ability maximise opportunities and revenue.
- Highly motivated by the opportunity to develop new business and creative in problem solving.
- Team player who leads by example.
- A tenacious attitude towards selling and a real desire to win new business and retain existing customers.
- Flexible approach to work - as this role will demand a significant amount of domestic travel and overnight stays. Required to attend evening industry functions sometimes at short notice.
For the right candidate this role comes with an excellent basic salary, bonus structure and car allowance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job