My client is a market leader in their industry and serves customers in 90 countries around the world. They are now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team in the North East and really drive profits forward to the next level.
- Gain new business and grow existing business.
- Responsible for developing new market sectors to maximise the opportunities to grow consumable sales across the UK.
- Ability to establish productive relationships at senior level and to conduct effective negotiations and sales.
- Networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- To plan and manage a business portfolio in line with the agreed market development strategy.
- Planning and prioritising sales and customer activities.
- Develop new customers to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Update and maintain customer and prospective contacts, internal systems and respond and follow up all sales enquiries.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience within a similar industry would be desired however not essential.
- To be able to communicate at all levels.
- To have a methodical approach and be able to resolve issues as and when these arise.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own.
- Excellent IT Skills
- Strong work ethic, organised, disciplined and highly self-motivated
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Knowledge of using CRM systems
- Account Management Skills
- SAP knowledge preferable but not essential
In return you will get:
- Base salary of £20,000-£25,000 per year based on experience.
- Company bonus of £5k per annum on hitting agreed targets.
- Mobile phone and laptop.
- Pension scheme.
- Other benefits to be discussed at an interview stage.
You must have a full UK driving license and passport as international travel is included!
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job