At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We are looking to appoint a talented Business Development Manager for our Specialty Products Business Unit, who will be home based and will be responsible for the proactive sales of Speciality Gases, Traded Chemicals, Liquid Helium and Medical product lines within the territory of the South-East and South-West England. You will report to the Speciality Products Manager and work in close collaboration with colleagues from the Industrial Gases and Major Accounts teams.
This business growth will come from a combination of new customer acquisition, portfolio growth at existing customers and pricing development. The role is a specialized function that works alongside the Industrial Gases team and will require the ability to demonstrate strong product and market knowledge, highly consultative selling skills and an understanding of customer applications.
As the Business Development Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for the proactive sales of Speciality Gases, Traded Chemicals, Liquid Helium and Medical product lines and the management of customers involved with these offerings
- Be an eager learner who will quickly develop a high level of product knowledge in the Speciality Gases, Traded Chemicals, Liquid Helium and Medical product ranges
- Be capable of managing a wide range of activities including prospecting for new customers to account management and portfolio development at existing customers
As the Business Development Manager, you will have:
- Prior experience of selling added value high technology products. Examples include Speciality or Industrial Gases, laboratory chemicals or consumables, biomedical or medical equipment, analytical equipment. Alternatively, candidates with a science-based education and relevant experience, for example internal or external sales or account management
- Demonstrable track record of successfully selling high technology products with a consultative sales approach
- Excellent team skills and capability of successfully developing win/win situations with peers
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, proactive approach and good organizational skills to prioritize and manage your workload efficiently
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job