Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager - PPE
Salary - £35,000 - £38,000 + Rewarding Bonus + CAR, + Pension, + Benefits
Sectors- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), Safety Wear, Protective Headwear, Height Safety, Hand Tools, Construction Products
Location- North Yorkshire, Harrogate, York, Selby, North East, Newcastle, Hartlepool, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Cumbria, Humberside, North East, Thirsk
A leading Manufacturer of PPE equipment, established over 80 years ago with a turnover in excess of £17 Million. They have a global presence worldwide. They sell their products via end users and global/national distributors. They offer a full range of PPE Equipment across a variety of industry sectors. Due to strategic expansion within the UK they now seek to appoint a North Regional Sales Manager to develop sales in the North, Scotland and Ireland.
Work closely with the Head of National Field Sales and fellow Regional Sales Managers team to support and manage the company's Distribution Partners and End User companies within the designated North region of UK & Ireland with alignment to budgeted sales growth and business objectives. Build good & strong working relationships, understand the needs of their Distributors & End-users, research the market and related products, present the product or services favourably and in a structured professional way face-to-face and through other communication means. Drive for profitable sales growth, high levels of customer education and optimal customer service within the dedicated budget region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead contact between the Company and its existing and potential market within the budget region.
- Understand Distributor & End-user requirements and present the full range of products appropriately to ensure on-going profitable sales are achieved.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing distributors in person and via telephone and email.
- Negotiate terms of agreement within set boundaries and work to close sales profitably.
- Challenge customer objections with a view to customer purchase using the company's resources to support.
- Work with the companies distributors on join End User calls to defend existing business and support new business opportunities.
- Actively seek out opportunities for new End Users to convert and bring leads to Distributors.
- Gather market & customer information for future product development and industry know-how.
- Develop and support the creation of proposal documents, which will form part of formal bidding processes or tenders as dictated by distributor partners. Ensure all opportunities are recorded, monitored and tracked.
- Report on the Budget Region's sales results & submit future forecasts monthly.
- Prepare the annual budget plan for the Budget Region to include forecasts by account and product group, assessing all opportunities and risks and ensuring all rebates, marketing & hospitality requirements known.
- Address any potential problems and suggest prompt solutions e.g. payment follow-ups, delivery topics, quality issues, pricing, etc.
Work closely with the Sales team and other cross-functional Company teams to:
- Achieve sales and profit targets and manage the financial forecasting for the Budget Region.
- Develop selected key account partners in line with the sales distribution strategy.
- Be an active part of the UK and Global Sales Team and support strategy development and team communication, sharing knowledge and opportunities wherever possible.
- Drive key projects to help improve our resource and cost efficiency and overall customer service.
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales experience
- Success with managing regional key accounts across North, Scotland and/or Ireland, a benefit.
- Working experience in PPE and premium branded product companies is desired
- Experience in Business Intelligence & CRM systems in B2B environments beneficial
- Strong understanding of sales, pricing and gross margin
- Strong computer literacy in all Microsoft Office applications and use of Skype or equivalent
- Excellent communication & attention to detail
- Ambition to progress within a changing and dynamic commercial organisation
- Overnight stays away from home (typically 8 nights per calendar month)
To apply for this opportunity please forward CV, Covering letter . Or call for a discreet discussion