Our CLIENT is a member of one of the fastest-growing PALLET DISTRIBUTION networks in the UK, with a comprehensive and expanding service to mainland Europe.
ROLE: Business Development Manager
AREA: St. Neots, Letchworth, Bedford,
SALARY: £25K to £35k basic salary, Bonus scheme, company car, mobile, laptop
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER based out of our clients busy St. Neots location. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director you will be promoting the full portfolio of our client's PALLET services which include Domestic nextday/premiums, Ireland, Channel Isles & European Road. You will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying & gaining new business within these areas, signing up accounts on behalf of the client. The role will demand the development of profitable, long- term relationships at the highest level with customers across a range of sectors.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
* Generate new Sales leads and Revenue for the Pallet network from new and existing client base within the Domestic and European Markets.
* Achieve set targets in order to determine and accomplish the Pallet network and the Sales Department's, target requirements.
* Complete on time and to schedule, as and required, all relevant reporting procedures to both the Pallet network and member depot.
* Participate in the organisation of corporate events in conjunction with relevant people.
* Liaise, as necessary, with Pallet member depots and Departmental Managers, in order to determine and support the delivery of customer requirements.
* Work within the framework of company procedures.
* Promote the establishment and development of the clients brand image. Be proactive in generating and reporting all relevant market intelligence.
* Track sales leads generated, follow-up as appropriate, and update relevant databases for both the Pallet Networks and the member depot.
* Represent the company at trade fairs and keep abreast of developments within the market sector.
* Deliver sales and marketing presentations to clients, as and when necessary.
* To be familiar with, and have an understanding of, the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
* To carry out all your duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
* To co-operate fully with the Pallet network in matters of health & safety.
The ideal candidate will have a real 'presence' & will be able to present at board level & be comfortable speaking to key decision makers. Because our client has a wide range of products they would welcome candidates that have a proven track record in closing business within specific markets. i.e. PALLETS, HAULAGE, EURO ROAD, PARCELS etc.
Finally the successful candidate must be presentable, self motivated, good communicator, focused & above all with a 'must win' attitude.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job