We are recruiting a Business Development Manager for a successful manufacturing client to be based at their Boldon site. The role of Business Development Manager will work closely with the Managing Director to develop new customers and promote and increase the sale opportunity of the products in order to maximize revenue for the business. For the right candidate there will be potential to expand the role to cover other Business Units within the organisation.
- Passionate about gaining new business and growing existing business.
- Responsible for developing new market sectors to maximise the opportunities to grow consumable sales across the UK, in line with the strategy.
- Proven success in B2B business development and experience of customer relationship / key account management is expected.
- Ability to establish productive relationships at senior level and to conduct effective negotiations and sales doing so by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- To plan and manage a business portfolio in line with the agreed market development strategy.
- Planning and prioritising sales and customer activities.
- Develop new customers to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Update and maintain customer and prospective contacts, internal systems and respond and follow up all sales enquiries.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience within a similar manufacturing industry would be desired however not essential.
- To be able to communicate at all levels.
- To have a methodical approach and be able to resolve issues as and when these arise.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own.
- Excellent IT Skills
- Strong work ethic, organised, disciplined and highly self-motivated
- Knowledge of using CRM systems
- Account Management Skills
- SAP knowledge preferable but not essential
- Full clean and current driving license
- A willingness to travel (must have a valid passport)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job