A leading professional membership and training body is searching for a driven and proactive Business Development Manager to join its Sales and Marketing team.
As Business Development Manager you will cover a specific region and will be chiefly responsible for generating targeted sales within an agreed market sector. You’ll generate new and repeat business by developing and maintaining business relationships, as well as creating and following up your own leads.
Your responsibilities as Business Development Manager will include;
- Working in partnership with other internal functions to develop and implement an integrated sales plan for all services, in order to better cross-sell and upsell
- Delivering agreed sales targets for commercial services and products
- Establishing and maintaining contact with key existing clients, allocated through regional plans
- Working as a team with Business Development Executive colleagues, to prioritise and identify new client connections
- Monitoring the success of marketing and communication activities and advising on corrective action if needed.
The skills required to be successful in this Business Development Manager role include:
- Educated to degree level is desirable
- A proven ability of selling solutions across a wide and varied portfolio of products or services
- Demonstrable success in B2B business development
- Excellent presentation skills, capable of representing the organisation at senior levels in the public sector
As a Business Development Manager you will be based in London offices, with two/three days travel required each week to be be successful in the role.
The salary range is £35,000 - £40,000 + commission scheme + enhanced benefits.
If you have relevant experience for this regional based Business Development Manager position, please get in touch for a full job description and details relating to salary and the enhanced benefits on offer.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales and marketing consultants, why not get in touch to discuss your next career step.
We always receive a high volume of applicants, and are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest. We’d love to keep your CV on file however, for future opportunities that may arise.
Or if you’d like to arrange an introductory call, to discuss your requirements contact us on or email us on .
Like to hear about our latest vacancies, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or visit Greenhill Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job