Can you empathise with charity and not-for-profit clients? Can you understand the things they need from their website, which they sometimes can't see? Will you enjoy representing Fat Beehive at pitches, selling websites that are affordable and easy to use?
Fat Beehive is looking for an approachable, friendly and effective salesperson, interested in helping charities, NGO and social enterprises get a brilliant website! We're looking for a person who is able to prioritise a busy schedule of written quotes and face-to-face presentations.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business for the company, including prospecting for new clients and then planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to work with us. They should have a passion for the charity sector and a record of creating new business.
The BDM reports to the Chief Executive but will work closely with the Head of Client Partnerships and the production team to create accurate pricing and appropriate solutions for quotes.
This is a key role in the agency and would suit an ambitious, self-motivated, BDM already in a similar role or looking for their next step up.Key duties & responsibilitiesSales / New business development, 80%
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Creating quotes: interpreting brief, specifying appropriate functionality, setting prices and time-lines; writing documents
- Creating and delivering sales presentations
- Sales follow up: Negotiating and closing
- Handover to project management team
- Maintaining accurate records of leads
- Producing and analysing reports of all sales activity
- Reviewing own sales performance aiming to meet or exceed sales targets
- Assisting the Head of Client Partnerships in creating a yearly marketing strategy and organising quarterly reviews
- Fat Beehive website contributor
- Newsletter and blog contributor
- Producing copy for marketing materials
- Contributing to delivery of the social marketing strategy
- Representing the company at conferences and networking events
- Business strategy and development, 5%
- Sales process development
- Contributing to product and service development
Attend and contribute to organisational meetings and processes
Any other reasonable duties as required
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Team working and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
£50K OTE plus profit share.
Other benefits include a training budget, pension scheme, drinks on Fridays, and a weekly chair massage (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you'll get to work with some very nice people indeed.About Fat Beehive
We are a small team who work in a relaxed, informal office in the heart of Shoreditch. There is often cake. There is often music playing. We don't have a ping pong table, table football or an office dog (and we have no plans to get one). We tolerate beards, but only because Danny has one. We hire and work with people who are focused on the charity and not-for-profit sector, who love and follow the web's developments but who stop at the weekend to do something totally different.
We don't work for oil, mining, arms, banking and sweatshops. But we do work for charities that challenge these and more. Join us.
This vacancy is being advertised by flatraterecruiting, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. At flatraterecruiting we work differently to most recruiters, every time you apply to one of our vacancies, your CV goes through to the hiring manager to review. The hiring manager will then make the decision on your application and contact you directly.
By applying you are giving your consent for us to process your application and pass on your details to our client for review for this vacancy only.
- Excellent communication and IT skills The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them Strong problem-solving and creative skills An