Business Development Manager – On Trade
Job Type: Full time – Permanent
£30,000 Basic with £50,000 OTE
Location: London, Edmonton N9
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading wholesaler and exporter based in North London as a Business Development Manager. We are a FMCG company selling various products, to a range of businesses. We have the vision to grow and develop, and are looking for a New Business Development Manager to join the On-Trade sales team.
This role is suitable for someone with selling experience within the on trade sector.
Each Business Development Manager will manage a dynamic and flexible call file across a defined geographical region, of target bars, restaurants and hotels which offer an opportunity for the company.
Prospecting is a critical part of the role to achieve clearly defined targets and therefore each BDM will need to be able to identify prospects clearly against a set list of criteria and have the tenacity and local knowledge to hunt them out
This is a challenging role where BDMs will be expected to thrive in varied hours of work engaging and selling in the On Trade channel. Each BDM is responsible for delivering their objectives within each outlet with direction and focus rewarded through a strong incentive for success. BDMs are expected to show flexibility in their hours to suit customer needs.
The BDM will be expected to promote the company to new customers in order to deliver and maintain business growth, whilst understanding the customers' needs to add value to them, and to be their first point of contact.
This is a role that requires the successful candidate to possess a high level of energy to succeed and a willingness to push themselves. We are looking for passionate individuals who have a keen interest in the on-trade sector and knowledge of key brands.
To be successful as a New Business Development Manager you will:
- Be dynamic, driven, customer focused, and strong minded
- Be able to work successfully both in a team and independently
- Have experience working with customers up-selling products
- Be able to attract new customers with full product knowledge
- Have a proven record of demonstrating initiative and delivering results
- Be a strong negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Have a good educational background
What we offer:
- Full support and training
- £50,000 OTE salary
- Company expensed Car + Fuel / travel
- Company mobile
- Staff discount on products in store
- Working with an exciting, progressive team helping to build a business we're all proud of with great chance of progression
- 28 days holiday
Job Type: Full-time
- 1+ years sales experience as a Territory or Key Account Manager within the drinks or FMCG industry
- Strong knowledge of the UK On Trade (bars, breweries, pubs)
- Passion for selling FMCG or premium products
- Excellent negotiation skills at customer level