My client are currently recruiting their next Business Development Manager, their BDMs are the best in the business.
Therefore you must be at the top of your game too, because their clients expect a premium sales experience.
Your role will be to talk to Sales Directors from technology companies in the M4 "Silicon Corridor", finding out their challenges and pitching flagship training programme
There is no shortage of opportunity and my client will work with you to develop a truly meaningful career path.
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: £40,000-£80,000 OTE depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pension, free breakfast, great social calendar, amazing offices, great location!
My client provides award-winning sales training for tech vendors, resellers and distributors, with a focus on Inside Sales training for teams looking to make a big impact on the phone.
Established since 2005 they have trained 18,612 sales people from 89 technology companies in 35 countries. They have a strong results focus, meaning that every part of their sales training is measurable, giving their clients an industry-leading 22:1 Return on Investment. In fact, in that time they have added £66m worth of new business wins to their technology partners.
As a BDM you will be achievement-focused, someone who loves learning and developing, and more importantly helping clients do the same. Your role will be to connect with new and existing technology clients on their database (7400+ contacts) and talk about their sales challenges. If they are interested to know more, they can arrange a Webex with one of their experts, or you can invite them to their regular Technology Breakfast Roundtable, where they learn how to increase their Inside Sales revenue by 23% in 90 days.
In a nutshell, the role involves:
- Daily coaching and training from 8:30 - 9:15
- Making 40-50 outbound calls per day with the other BDMs from 9:30-11:30
- Meeting clients and writing proposals for the rest of the day
- Attending weekly Tech Roundtables in London and Reading
- Hitting a year one target of £250K-£350K, with an average deal size of around £20K.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a database of prospects and regularly contact them.
- Write proposals, pitch documents and decks
- Maintain a consistent level of proactive, outbound client activity.
- Attend pitches and new business development meetings to win deals.
- Report on pipeline weekly during internal sales meetings and one to one meetings with the Sales Manager.
- Liaise with client and trainer to ensure training runs successfully.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND SKILLS
- The biggest skill in their sales role is how to ask questions - lots of them. It’s about being curious, and spending extra time to really understand the customer’s world.
- You need to know the difference and the value that this brings to their customers.
- Have outstanding social selling skills and networks. For instance a LinkedIn network of 1000+ connections.
- Professional communication skills including speaking, networking, presenting and writing.
- Minimum 3 years’ sales experience.
- A knowledge of the training market, particularly sales training
- A high impact presence around the office, willing to help other team members and maintain their excellent team culture!
- A strong interest in learning and personal development.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word & PowerPoint.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY
To fast track your way to big earnings at, you will need to mirror the most successful BDMs.
You bring the right attitude to the role
You will need to be autonomous, wanting to run your own business within my clients business. You will need to be fearless in your pursuit of customers who live in a very busy world. You will need to take ownership for your own success, not expecting to be spoon-fed leads or closely monitored to make sure you are 'doing the right thing’. You are proud to be a sales person - this isn’t a 'stop-gap’ job for you, it’s what you were born to do.
My client have have created the perfect selling environment. They give you all the tools you need to be successful access to any resource you need to win. They take away the clutter of administration and give you every opportunity to focus on growing your business and winning more new business every day.
To survive and thrive you need to have an appetite for self-improvement, to seek feedback and adapt your approach. You will receive honest feedback that may feel uncomfortable, but it will absolutely take you to the next level. You have access to some of Europe’s best business coaches, all for free.
Top earners can expect to take home £80K +per year.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"