Our growing Medico Legal logistics company is searching for an experienced and resourceful Business Development Manager to develop growth opportunities, implement consistent sales and marketing processes and drive our business forward. We are keen to expand our medical expertise portfolio and increase the throughput of referrals from multiple sources.
We’re searching for professionals that have a track record of creating long-term value and consistent growth for organisations.
First and foremost, we’re looking for a high achiever who understands how to leverage the unique selling points of an organisation, the excellence of the services offered and the external opportunities these provide. Someone who is an expert in customer service and well versed in dealing with business to business and business to customer promotion.
We are also looking for a leader who is willing to continue as or take their first steps as a manager of a team.
Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to manage a team in an evolving industry landscape.
Successful applicants should also be willing to travel on occasion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development responsibilities would include:
- Develop and oversee the sales process to attract new business
- Build and maintain customer databases
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and deliver consistent marketing messages across a range of media
- Work with team members to identify and manage sales opportunities
- Maintain fruitful relationships with referral companies, solicitors and our medical experts and address their needs effectively
- Research and identify new market opportunities where appropriate
- Prepare and deliver presentations to potential customers
- Attend conferences and exhibitions promoting MLAS
- Organise and attend sales meetings with customers
- Foster a collaborative environment within the wider organisation
Leadership responsibilities would include:
- Second line management of the MLAS office team
- First line management, coaching and development of IT and design manager and MLAS office manager
- Attendance and reporting when appropriate at board meetings
- Reporting on progress to Directors
- Oversee and participate in recruitment of MLAS personnel
- Budgetary responsibility
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Skills, Experience, Qualifications you should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and requisite IT skills.
- Ability to mix people at all levels and influence them.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques and experience
- Team working and leadership skills.
- Ability to project manage
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor degree (preferred but not essential)
Salary: Competitive rate as stated above, dependant upon experience
- Marketing: 3 years
- Sales: 3 years
- Business Planning: 1 year
- Customer Relations: 1 year
- Business Development: 1 year
- Leadership: 1 year
- Commercial: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job