Job Title: Business Development Manager
My client is the UK's largest manufacturer of flexible braided hoses, we design, develop and manufacture premium quality flexible hose assemblies for OEMs, distributors, and merchants. they also supply a range of complementary products including modified added-value solenoid valves, pumps and water controls.
Committed to the delivery of premium quality water, the products are designed for use within general plumbing, catering equipment, drinks vending machines, shower pumps, medical bathing, boilers, and HVAC equipment - in both domestic and commercial applications.
Alongside our manufacturing capabilities, they can offer clients more than 40 years' worth of expertise in research & development, product design, component sourcing, endurance testing, approvals compliance, as well as logistics support - providing clients with a competitive advantage.
£25K + £10K OTE + Car/allowance + Pension
Purpose of the role:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the creation, identification, development and closure of complex and challenging new business opportunities. There may also be a requirement to manage some existing accounts.
· Working autonomously, you will be required to focus solely on securing sales growth, winning new business and handling a selection of accounts
· Primarily field based, however will need to visit office on a regular basis
· Personally take responsibility for sales opportunities and professionally deliver a solution through a disciplined sales process and have technical integrity.
· Work closely with mainly OEM customers and the operations team to ensure new business is implemented successfully
· Develop leads for new business from your own lead generation and from other sources to develop a sales pipeline
· Prepare sales performance data and reports to present to the Sales Manager
· Self-management and planning of activities, while being open and collaborative in sharing that information and reporting back on activities
· Sales planning management
· Good general sales process knowledge and the ability to start from cold
· Industry experience and contacts within at least one of the following HVAC, Building Services, OEM of Boilers, Drinks Machines, Showers.
· Must have proven track record, particularly in new business acquisition.
· Driving Licence and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite essential.
· High levels of curiosity and a technical bias must be combined with excellent people skills.
· Ambitious and determined to succeed
Technical/Engineering qualification or background
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job