Iceni Recruitment Ltd
Multi-million pound private construction company based in Manningtree are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a construction background to join a forward thinking and expanding company.
To apply please Contact Matthew Milburn at Iceni Recruitment Ltd.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the generation and development of new business opportunities throughout the UK for the company, GRP safety flooring products and associated product lines. This role is focused on direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails in order to drive sales and create business opportunities. In the fast paced environment, teamwork, integrity, accountability and enthusiasm are key factors. This position requires the exercising of independent judgement to perform the responsibilities and reports to the Managing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities.
· Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner. · Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting.
· Answer Technical and Sales enquiries by telephone and email.
· Actively follow up and sell to prospective customers by telephone and email.
· Put together quotations for all products.
· Liaise with accounts department to ensure all project work is invoiced promptly and accurately.
· Follow Quality Management System (QMS) at all times.
· Ensure non-conformities are reported promptly.
· Feedback customer comments as appropriate.
· Attend industry events and tradeshows, to gaining new business leads and contacts.
· UK site visits as required.
· Keep up to date with product descriptions and technical data.
· Understanding customers’ needs/specifications and taking responsibility for delivering timely tenders, combined with excellent customer service.
· Cold calling customers to create new opportunities
· Dealing promptly with enquiries and requests..
Experience and Technical Skills Required.
· Construction related background, with 5 to 10 years’ experience preferred · Good knowledge of plant hire, health and safety.
· Good Grade Level English and Maths.
· Confident to read and use CAD drawings.
· PC Literate including experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Motivated, with good organisational skills.
Essential Personal Qualities.
· Excellent telephone/interpersonal skills.
· Confident, calm, patient with customers.
· Flexible, dependable, reliable, team leader.
· Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to make decisions and negotiating skills.
· Sense of humour.
· Presentable and courteous.
- New Business Opportunities
- Project Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job