Our client founded 40 years ago who specialise in Road Freight logistics, are looking for an experienced Business development manager to join their team in Essex.
VR/18346, Business Development Manager, Essex
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- The key purpose of the role is to objectively review the current range of services provided and determine whether the company has the opportunity to further develop the business by providing additional products and/or services which meet the clients needs.
- The typical attrition rate is 4%-5% annually which will need to be replaced and exceeded, and the Business Development Manager will also be responsible for generating new business clients with an on target achievement at 10 x annual salary.
- The Business Development Manager will maintain client relationships with a minimum of 3-4 client visits per year.
- A sound understanding of the British and European Road Freight industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal colleagues to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered across the business.
- Commercially astute with the ability to manage margins and deliver profitable business.
- A level of appropriate tenacity with an understanding that a customer hates to be sold to, but loves to buy
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter who can operate with a minimum level of supervision
- A level of creativity which can generate commercially viable solutions to the challenges presented by clients.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at quoting reference; VR/18346
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job