Our Hertfordshire based client, a market leading software company, seeks a fantastic Business Development Manager, due to the growth of the business this year. Well established specialists in online management solutions to the public and private sectors, they have a reputation for both great products and excellent customer service.
As a key contact for customers, the Business Development Manager will create and manage opportunities, retain and grow new business – in order to ensure our client remain market leaders.
The key duty of this role is providing a sales and support service to existing and new customers, achieved through regular account calls and visits for existing customers, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided. In addition to this, the Business Development Manager will also identify new business needs and up-sell and cross-sell additional products.
It is crucial that the Business Development Manager is able to develop strong working relationships with customers. This is coupled with the ability to communicate technical concepts to clients in a clear way that highlights the value of the clients product range.
Key responsibilities for the Business Development Manager role include:
- Primary contact point for customers
- Identifying and converting leads into sales
- Meeting financial targets and KPIs
- Management of tender responses
- Liaising internally with commercial and product teams
- Communicating market knowledge and feedback to the business
To be successful, the Business Development Manager will have:
- An outgoing personality with a can do attitude
- Experience in a similar sales role
- Interest in technology, experience of working for a software house, or knowledge of the public sector (all advantageous but not essential)
- First class communication skills (phone, email and face to face)
- Solid administration and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT literacy
- A business related degree (preferred)
- Full UK driving licence
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday allowance
- Flexible working scheme
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Attractive office environment and great team atmosphere
In return, our client is offering a salary basic of £26,000 – £30,000 with OTE £45,000 uncapped as well as 25 days holiday and an attractive, centrally located office with excellent prospects to progress within the company.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this Hertfordshire based Business Development Manager position and you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales and marketing consultants, why not get in touch with Tom, Liz or Donna with regards to your next career step.
We always receive a high volume of applicants, and are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest. We’d love to keep your CV on file however, for future opportunities that may arise.
Or if you’d like to arrange an introductory call, to discuss your requirements contact us on or email us on .
If you would like to hear about our latest vacancies, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or visit Greenhill Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job