This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
McLean Ross are currently working with a Global energy company who are developing their energy solutions offering. As Business Development Manager, you will report into a Sales Manager and support the company’s business opportunities in line with individual sales targets and business objectives.
- Identify and target new business opportunities within particular market sectors and/or geographical regions in line with the business strategy
- Leads sales pipeline development process: relationship development, ‘route to market’ process management (PQQ, RFI, RFP, proposal, negotiated, advertising/press campaigns)
- Leads & co-ordinates support resources for sales process as well as significant direct contribution to the process in accordance with specified time-frames (operations, estimating, bid writing & other support functions)
- Identifies and understands client’s specific key drivers and develops solutions for success, engaging with and leveraging USP’s (e.g. sector experience, coverage, energy management expertise, technical capabilities)
- Ensures internal governance is adhered to; management reporting & authorisation processes
- Sales Closure - converts new business opportunities to contract awards
- Balanced focus across sales process elements; pipeline development, formal processes (RFI / RFP), sales conversion, post-award & internal governance
- Identifies & engages in industry forums & networking opportunities to strengthen market presence of the business
- Provides continual feedback & guidance to local & wider business support and management functions – engages business at all levels
- Works at a high level across a number of business and client functions and engages in a wide range of complex issues
- Also responsible for the specific detail within the sales processes and generated outcomes (cost, documentation, presentation
- Has a good level of product knowledge of the built environment and energy management market.
- You should ideally have several years’ experience of B2B selling a solution or service to a Corporate
- Motivation and drive to identify and search out new customer opportunities.
- Ability to evidence levels of Pace and Activity in prospecting and Lead Generation
- First class sales and negotiation skills; the ability to develop and deliver professional sales proposals.
- Proven inter-personal and effective communication skills, with the ability to influence those parties that will be delivering the end customer solution
- An understanding of large customer energy requirements, and the gas and electricity products offered to meet their needs
- Commercial acumen to understand the trade-offs between risk and reward
- Understands the UK energy market and key drivers and the effect it has on UK business energy customers
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with james.olsen@mcleanross com or call +44 (0)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job