My client is a fab Brewery producing quality regional craft ales, who's ambition is to produce one of UK’s best loved beer brands!
Due to expansion they are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to cover the Bristol/Bath/Swindon and M5 corridor.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to manage existing multiple site free trade and retail outlets and prestigious accounts whilst developing the territory for new business with a view to increasing the number of "house" accounts.
Covering both the on and off trade channels, the role will be measured in a number of ways from growth of existing house accounts to increased market penetration in all channels.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new customers to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients and peers within industry.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade and negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with production staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client events
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system
- Forecast sales results vs targets and maintain pipeline
- Track and record activity on accounts to identify growth opportunities
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance.
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Research, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- 5 x GCSE’s Grade C or above and ideally 'A’ level qualifications
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience - FMCG background preferred
- Full UK driving licence
This is not a "9 to 5" role and will require additional hours as required to fulfil the job description. You would also be expected to attend regular meetings at head office.
The successful candidate will have an appropriate remuneration package, including a competitive bonus package.
You will need your own car but will be given a car allowance.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job