Business Development Manager (Utilities)
Triad has a fantastic opportunity to work as a Business Development Manager in the utilities distribution space. The role is home working, so we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and is happy to work on their own initiative. You must have previous experience of selling into the operations side of a utilities or telecoms marketplace, selling either software, solutions or hardware.
Purpose of the job
Sells company products/services to achieve assigned annual sales quota. Develops ongoing relationships with customers and continually maintains the professional image of the company.
- Manages all sales activities associated with closing new business opportunities in assigned regions and/or territories; including identifying potential new customers via research, cold outreach, physical visits to customer sites, and attendance of industry trade shows, and then advancing the qualified opportunities through the sales pipeline to contract execution.
- Identifies sales opportunities in assigned territory on a continuous and proactive basis.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with potential customers and business partners with a focus on increasing new business opportunities.
- Manages the complete sales cycle with efficiency, as required.
- Maintains on a continuous basis an active sales pipeline with a net value equal to or greater than assigned annual quota.
- Engages regularly with senior level managers and executives with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and follow-up.
- Makes presentations of the company's product and service offerings to targeted prospective clients as needed.
- Collaborates with marketing department as needed to help generate/manage leads in our corporate CRM.
- Develops a strong technical aptitude and understanding of client's full suite of products and services.
- Works and communicates regularly with diverse internal and external teams.
- Manages, monitors, and reports frequently on all assigned sales pursuits -- specifically, the advancement of prospects through the sales cycle.
- Closes new business and achieves goals and objectives in accordance with annually defined team and individual goals and objectives.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals in coordination with Operations, Proposal Manager, Marketing and the customer as needed.
- Participates in contract negotiations and coordinates execution of contracts, as needed.
- Identifies and participates in user groups and professional associations for assigned markets when applicable.
- Provides input into development of marketing literature and corporate knowledge base, as needed.
- Provides competitive and market intelligence gathered through the process of carrying out day to day sales activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education, Certifications and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Surveying, Geospatial, Business, Marketing Communications, or related discipline required.
- Five plus years demonstrable relevant sales experience including executive-level selling.
- Demonstrated experience in Consultative Selling and/or Solutions Based Selling.
- Proficient knowledge of HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho or other similar sales-centric CRM.
- Demonstrable record of prospecting, nurturing and closing new business opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Engineering Construction lifecycle in the Utility and/or Telecommunications industries.
- Integrity, passion, and people skills are essential for this role.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills: concise, articulate and confident.
- Exceptional organization skills for managing and closing a high volume of opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills (both in person and online via webinars).
- Ability to proactively seek opportunities (i.e., have a "hunter" mentality).
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to create, develop, and close business deals.
- Ability to take the initiative and is a self-starter, and can work without constant supervision.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
Regular client interactions including overnight travel to other cities up to 50% of each month.
May be required to work additional hours when needed.
The position has no supervisory responsibility.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.
- Business Development Manager (Utilities)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job