A leading underwriting agency is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to work with a broker base covering the South Central counties of England.
The Underwriting Agency target Commercial Combined SME, Package, Commercial and Residential Property, HNW and Financial Lines. They operate a unique market leading online quote system and have access to extended products and rates.
The BDM position will be responsible for driving business growth through the development and management of relationships with a broker base spread across the Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire, Sussex and Wilts counties. This will involve the identification, targeting and on boarding of new Agency relationships as well as developing the scale and profitability of the company relationships with brokers already in force.
You will be defining long-term strategic goals, building and sustaining key business relationships seeking out business opportunities and negotiating/closing business deals.
- Prospecting for new clients and securing new agent relationships
- Communicating clearly the unique proposition of the Underwriting Agency to the broker base on an ongoing basis
- Planning approaches to securing maximum number of effective agent relationships
- Identifying key decision makers in existing and target brokers and prepare tactics to secure increased business
- Plan approaches and pitches; working with team to develop proposals which speak to the clients' needs
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and services which will lead to increased sales growth
- Monitor account performance and determine approaches to redress where necessary
- Seek opportunities for book rollovers and work with the team to devise solutions to secure
- Maintain full oversight over the in-force business profile and work closely with brokers to ensure optimal retention is achieved
You will need good broker relationship management experience coupled with SME commercial insurance, HNW, Financial Lines, Commercial and Residential Property technical knowledge. Obvious sales character with a sociable and bright personality. Knowledge of sales planning and account management, must be a self-starter, team player and have creative thinking and business acumen.
Good salary and benefits package this will be a remote role reporting into a London head office.
- Account Management
- Development Underwriter
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job