Role: Business Development Manager (Retail Energy)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus
Are you a Business Development Manager with experience of selling energy procurement contracts into the I&C retail UK Energy Industry? A leading Gas and Electricity consultancy is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their Coventry based team, to enhance the company’s position in terms of both new sales and margin growth. If you have sales experience and are used to negotiating corporate energy contracts, and advising on risk management strategy, then we want to hear from you! Send us your CV today for the Business Development Manager role!
- Achieve new business power and gas sales from the I&C market place using own contact base
- New business sales process from initial prospecting through to contract negotiation
- Devise acquisition strategies through effective and visible account planning
- Build a pipeline of opportunities and ensure sales activity records are maintained
- Ensure contractual paperwork for contracts within the portfolio is up to date
- Compile and submit detailed sales reports on a weekly and monthly
- Identify and assist with development of new products and services for business customers,
- Develop credible and strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Skills and experience required:
- 2+ years previous experience in an energy consultancy is essential
- In depth knowledge and experience in the I&C Energy industry
- Solid understanding of flexible procurement and risk management strategies
- Ability to devise acquisition strategies through effective and documented account planning,
- Able to evidence pipeline development and growth strategies to ensure forward opportunity
- Minimum 2/3 years’ new business experience - proven negotiation skills
- Strong achievement drive, self-motivation and relationship management capability.
- Analytical thinking, numerate and accurate able to problem-solve and use own initiative
- Ability to influence and have impact at a senior level.