Our client is a people focused, family owned global pharmaceutical service that provides a wide range of services to the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare sector. The business is the largest independent wholesaler in the UK with a growing international network supplying medicines to meet patient needs and providing a route to market for manufacturers. Trading in this industry since 1825, the business has a long-established reputation within the medical wholesale industry supplying both pharmacies and hospitals, growing organically as well as through acquisition.
With turnover in excess of £250m and head office based in Salford, our client has 400 employees, operating across ten strategically based distribution centres and offices in the UK, Middle East and Latin America.
Wholesale and distribution is the CAN of the business. Our client Unlicensed medicines are a Specialist Division within our clients Group, which has provided unlicensed medicines to the NHS for over 15 years. They are the largest commercial provider of unlicensed medicines into the NHS and operate from a purpose built, full GDP site in Salford. Unlicensed medicines are serviced by their dedicated hospital team and due to a vacancy in the team; they are now looking for additional resource to maximize the opportunities available in the market.
Position: Hospital Business Development Manager
Location: Southern England
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Bonus, Company Car.
About the role:
- Develop and grow the unlicensed business for our client, with existing hospital customers and through targeting new business
- Maintain new and existing relationships with key personnel involved in the decision making around sourcing of unlicensed pharmaceutical products
- Develop a deep understanding of what drives decision making and what services our client can provide and marrying the two in order to meet the customer’s needs and win new business
- Scope out and develop target accounts which do not currently purchase unlicensed medicines, or which may use a competitor
- Work closely with the in-house customer service, procurement, research teams and business development to manage existing accounts and identify opportunities for growth
- Provide intelligence on the activity of the competitor companies and to refine their offering as appropriate in order to defend their business
- Identify and develop opportunities for ongoing new business
- Negotiate and agree pricing structure for the customers on unlicensed products
- An understanding of NHS medicines procurement
- Existing relationships with (or awareness of) key NHS secondary care stakeholders
- Secondary care pharmaceutical sales experience
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills combined with a trustworthy, personable and professional manner
- Experience within the secondary care sector is important but there is not necessarily a need to have had experienced of unlicensed medicines
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Pharmaceuticals, Client Relationship, Account Management, Life Sciences, New Business Development, Consultative Sales, Account Management, Key Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job