My Client is the is one of the top four timber companies in Britain, providing wholesale wood products to builders’ merchants, timber merchants, garden building and shed manufacturers, and to the joinery manufacturing and constructions sectors.
The Business Development Manager will manage up to 200 current accounts across a particular location in order to promote, its products and services to existing and potential customers and to continually review markets and products in conjunction with the external sales team to target new business opportunities.
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements whilst using every opportunity to ensure that Business is seen to be the quality supplier in the industry.
- You will participate in quality improvement activities and take initiative to improve work processes and partnerships.
- Your strategic thinking will be honed in preparing an agreed regional plan and managing the resources under your control to meet its objectives.
- You’’ll come with an established network but further build up contacts and customer partnerships through regular contact at the appropriate levels.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships between the sales force, in order to maximise greatest opportunity through sales performance, customer potential etc.
- Proactively seek opportunities to continually improve processes and ways of working across the business and sharing of best practice.
- Be a leader and role model to colleagues.
What we are looking for?
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you will evidence ambition, self motivation, and passion about delivering growth and results.
As a seasoned strategic thinker, the successful candidate will ideally have market and sector knowledge, failing that, knowledge at a similar level within an adjacent business, a good balance of people leadership, supplier management, customer focus, business development and sales experience, specifically focussed around this region.
Clearly you will have a network of contacts in this geography, including established relationships with suppliers and customers, we are looking for a background in doing something groundbreaking to achieve yours and the businesses ambitious growth targets. Presence and the ability to command an audience at all levels, go hand in hand with a role of this level.
In return, not only can you shape success and be truly accountable sales in the business, but beyond this they can offer you a fantastic, flexible, working environment, across multiple businesses within a FTSE company. Of course, there is a competitive salary package with holidays (increasing with service), life assurance, pension and a number of additional benefits to suit your needs, but the reason you would join, is for the culture
Please apply below
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job