Business Development Manager - North London
Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling and winning new industrial and commercial business into Collection to a set quarterly / annual target.
The Key responsibilities for the Business Development Manager will include but not be limited to the following
- Pro-actively and reactively selling profitable new business within a territory to meet set targets.
- To achieve and exceed quarterly / annual new business targets
- Manage a sales territory and or prospect lists for business opportunities
- Report call, lead, quote and contract activity on to the Company Operating System
- To produce, present weekly, monthly, quarterly personal performance to RSM when required
- To participate and contribute to best practice working groups within Biffa when required
- To liaise regularly with Depot Manager / RGM / RSM to determine roll out sales offensives within region
- To carry out any other reasonable job-related tasks / management requests
- Be the primary interface between Biffa and our target customers. Be responsible for sales prospecting and pricing negotiations.
- Deliver profitable new revenue streams across the range of services provided by Biffa.
- Work with Biffa people to both build knowledge and augment the sales process.
We are looking for the Business Development Manager to have the following:
- Proven track record in sales selling contracted services
- Background knowledge of the Waste industry (desirable not essential)
- Consistent over achiever of targets
- History of over achievement in new business sales
In return we offer a competitive basic salary, generous commission package, car, fuel card and company benefits as well as a real career path within our large UK sales function.
Biffa plc is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
- Business development
- Field sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job