National Business Development Manager - New Business opportunities (Wholesale Distribution/ Supplychain)
Homebased (UK Coverage)
Up to £50K plus car/allowance, generous commission structure and benefits
We are working on behalf of a privately owned multi - million turnover Industrial supplies Company, based in the NW, who are looking for a National Business Development Manager to focus on growing their new business portfolio.
This role involves the selling of products via solution selling into SME and national clients across the UK, it is therefore ideal that candidates come from a value proposition sales background and can demonstrate dynamic innovations.
The National Business Development Manager will identify, target, develop strategies and win new business opportunities within certain sectors with a diverse product range which includes workwear, tools, PPE, health and safety, and janitorial products. You will need to demonstrate that you can deliver new opportunities whilst maintaining a quality pipeline to support the profitable growth of the business.
The role involves:
- The generation of new business pipeline including full account plans, reports, competitor identification, sector knowledge and research.
- Establishing long-term relationships based on trust and integrity with new and existing clients both locally and nationally.
- Delivering long term and profitable growth through new business acquisitions.
- The process of producing winning bids and tender documents which are based on sound commercial acumen.
- Growing business within the existing accounts by broadening the product portfolio within these accounts, through face-to-face visits, Powerpoint presentations, networking and cold-calling.
- Create and maintain a network of prospects and contacts to enhance awareness and reputation of the company to influence future opportunities.
As a critical role within the business the candidate needs to have the following qualities and experience: -
- Proven track record within a similar industry, ideally with knowledge of selling a value proposition based solution into various sectors across the UK.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment, ideally with experience of both corporate and SME environments.
- Have experience of working in central UK location as well as national.
- Enthusiastic, forward thinker, creative, transparent, energetic, hands on and a self-motivated individual who is able to drive profitable growth.
- Able to build relationships at all levels within a business, both internally and externally.
- Ideally with a working knowledge of a full sales pipeline CRM and Microsoft Office packages, coupled with a respect for accurate data.
- Ideally located within a reasonable commute of central Manchester to support the local client base and be close to operations team.
- Able to self-manage their own working schedule to match the needs of both national and local business requirements.
- Business Development
- New Business Opportunities
- Pipeline Generation
- Pipeline Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job