Business Development Manager - London up to £40,000 + bonus scheme + car allowance
thebigword is a world-leading provider of translation, interpretation and language technology solutions. Established over 30 years ago, thebigword has a solid reputation amongst its customers as a trusted development partner. thebigword’s language technology enables customers to connect with their global markets by helping to break down the barriers to communication. Investment in the latest technologies provides a variety of solutions including the ability to automate workflows to drive efficiencies and improve quality.
Industry focused solutions are delivered to our clients across the private and public sectors; utilising a specialist network of linguists expertly sourced to meet client requirements. With presence in major cities across the UK, the US, Asia and Europe, thebigword supports over 2,500 clients around the globe
The successful candidate will have experience in selling complex, multilayered solutions to blue chip organisations at Director/board level and must show evidence of closing deals where contract value exceeds £1 million per annum. Ideally, the successful candidate will have had experience in working in the translation and software localisation industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and win new business prospect within the Public Sector that spend >£60k+ per annum
- Retain existing accounts and revenue that are coming to the end of their contract life
- Attend prospect client meeting and trade shows
- Expand business through identification, planning and winning of new account relationships to grow the client account
- Manage an on-going pipeline of revenue and activity
- Prepare and write RFP/Tender/Proposal in conjunction with the Global Bid Manager and team
- Work with the account management team and be actively aware of work completed for clients that fall under your portfolio.
- Be knowledgeable about revenue and profitability and report accordingly.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects to understand their needs, culture and decision making process
- Attend QBR or other major stakeholder meeting with Account manager where required.
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure you achieve annual sales targets.
- Proactively develop sales skills and market/business knowledge, apply best practice techniques and tools to maximise your performance.
- Achieve budgets, targets, activity levels, as agreed with Sales Director
- Responsible for developing effective relationships with internal departments to meet client needs
- Complete and provide appropriate, timely management reports as required
- Create and maintain all required CRM records
- Develop extensive knowledge of client procurement process, including who the decision-makers are, and develop effective interventions to provide solutions to issues that clients are facing in their Language Requirements
- Understand external business environment, including key competitors, developments in technology, economic/political/social drivers
Key skills & Experience
- Clear new business prospect Strategy
- Proactive lead generation
- Up to date Pipeline with >£2m weighted value at all times
- Achievement of annual sales targets (revenue and gross margin)
- Weekly report to manager
- Regular activity levels in line with KPI’s set
- Quality of client relationships and associated feedback/satisfaction
- Feedback from thebigword colleagues
- Tender conversion
The successful applicant will receive full product and service based training as well as ongoing mentoring and a tailored career progression plan. This role is essential for the ongoing expansion of our sales team in Europe and as such, we are only interested in applicants with a genuine passion for sales. We offer an excellent remuneration package, a dynamic working environment and the chance to work with and visit clients on an international scale.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role, then please attach a cover letter along with your CV.
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability
- Business Development
- Sales Executive
- New Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job