I am currently looking for a Business Development Manager for my client to join their growing sales function. In this role you will help develop strong relationships with new customers to grow the sales pipeline, as well as some development of relationships with existing clients covering the South area.
My client operates in a niche sector within Inspection and Certification with an aligned manufacturing business.
Their lifting engineering services encompass inspection, testing, NDT, operator training, design and manufacture, equipment sales and other associated areas.
As a Business Development Manager for , you'll be the front line of customer interaction, ensuring their every need is catered for and every question answered. You will be joining the team at an exciting time, helping to continue my clients growth and delivering first class customer service. Business Development Managers within my client will be responsible for developing a portfolio of Major Account customers, leveraging existing business and investigating opportunities to develop new services and products whilst at the same time nurturing and developing the key target markets for the portfolio account/s.
As a Business Development Manager you should be able to implement strategies to increase sales and profit margin, develop National Account Plans in line with business objectives and oversee pricing strategy for all bids. You will be measured on revenue growth, your ability to manage client debt within the agreed terms and the development and update of Key Account Plans
As a successful Business Development Managers you will be great at developing relationships internally and externally. My clients customers are very important to , equally are their staff so the ability to build relationships at multiple levels is essential. You will work alongside the wider business area to ensure that our customers are receiving the highest level of customer service and that the services provided reflect the highest levels of excellence that makes my client the leaders in their specialist industry.
- Broad experience operating at BDM level, ideally in a service led, testing or Quality Assurance business
- Proven track record of meeting challenging targets when selling services
- Strong track record of driving key account growth
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Excellent presentation skills
- Motivated and "can-do" approach
- Ability to organise and plan workload efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial and Commercial Acumen
- Local area knowledge of the market and sectors
- Previous experience in of testing, inspection, and certification
- building services
- Statutory inspections and Insurance
- with connections in the broker market