Business Development Manager - Life Science Events
Sell Sponsorship & Exhibition packages for large Life Science Conferences
Based in London + Overseas Travel
Basic salary up to £27k + Uncapped Commission, Year 1 OTE £40K+
An exciting sales opportunity for a bright and driven graduate to sell high value exhibition & sponsorship opportunities for a series of large scale life science conferences & exhibitions.
This conference and exhibitions business have a successful network of international offices which create insightful B2B events across a multitude of sectors including; finance, tech, energy, life science.
The Life Science team in London are growing and require an additional Business Development Manager to join their ambitious team. This opportunity is suitable for a graduate, ideally with sales experience, and importantly confidence & energy to make things happen. We are looking for a proactive, engaging and credible professional who enjoys networking and building business relationships.
- The Business Development Manager will be required to build relationships with businesses to enable you to identify & create the best possible sponsorship & exhibition solutions to meet their needs.
- You will be expected to be on the phone a lot, attend meetings & events
- You will be selling high value sponsorship and exhibition space at large scale life science events which attract 2000+ business professionals.
- You will be responsible for developing a thorough understanding of the market place via research, networking and securing / conducting meetings with key players in the industry.
- You will work to agreed targets for each event and manage your sales pipeline autonomously.
- This position will report into an experienced & successful sales director who will support, guide and work with you.
The ideal candidate
- A graduate with a 2:1 or a 1st degree excited to join the events industry in a sales position.
- A sales person - Ideally, you will have spent 12-18 months in a consultative solution based sales environment such as: recruitment, IT sales, ad sales or delegate / sponsorship sales
- Quick starter & keen to learn - able to research to identify new contacts, network and use your initiative to generate leads
- Able to understand and connect with fairly complex health terminology
- Ambitious, articulate, and able to write
- You will need to be presentable and confident to manage meetings with high profile corporate organisations
- Organised, self motivated and excellent time management
- You will be looking to develop a long term career within sales in an events environment
- Experience with Salesforce advantageous
You will be: Ambitious - collaborative - competitive - team player - proactive - responsible - professional - an excellent communicator - confident - hard working - driven - articulate - committed - resilient - creative - positive - forward thinking…
Please contact Helen at Jackson Barnes Recruitment for more information on this Business Development Manager position or other similar jobs in events.
Please take a look at our website for details on some of the other jobs we are recruiting
Jackson Barnes Recruitment deliver international recruitment solutions within the events, media and publishing sectors. Working with commercial and not for profit organisations and institutions. Jackson Barnes place from Graduate up to MD level in the following positions:
• Researchers • Conference producers • Event Marketing professionals • Sales professionals - delegate, sponsorship and Business Development • Event Managers • Editors
We recruit for organisations in UK and overseas with success in London, Dubai, New York, Singapore and Australia.
You can also follow us on LinkedIn - https://lnkd.in/ehBMTFE
- Communication Skills
- Solution Selling
- Sponsorship Sales
- B2B sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'