Job Title: Business Development Manager - Cloud / Cyber Security
Location: London (NW1)
Salary: Up to £40,000 (OTE £80,000) + Company car allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours)
A growing and ambitious Cloud/Cyber Security company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Business Development Manager (BDM) with a minimum of 2 years' IT security sales experience. Working for a growth company, operating within an expanding market, provides excellent career prospects for the successful applicant.
This exciting role will be predominantly focused on the acquisition and ongoing development of new business prospects combining both telephone and face-to-face selling of peace-of-mind cloud and cybersecurity, as a service, solutions. Taking a consultative selling approach to firstly understanding client cloud, hybrid and premise IT security needs you will leverage the company's security services, and supporting products, to provide solutions that address these needs. This will include such items as cloud security, penetrating testing, endpoint security, software code signing, data loss prevention, identity & access management and IT security compliance (e.g. GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO27001, etc.).
Although based in their conveniently located London office (NW1), you will spend most of your time in face-to-face meetings, selling and developing new prospects and existing clients.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for preparing and delivering the annual sales plan to achieve the growth aims detailed within the company's strategic plan
- Prospecting for new client business; identifying companies and contacts to target, pre-approach planning, telephone prospecting, networking and social engagement/selling
- Selling peace-of-mind cloud and cyber security-as-a-service solutions to Tier 2 and Tier 3 companies. Identifying the needs of prospects and aligning the company's services to meet these needs
- Managing the company's sales funnel/pipeline ensuring there are sufficient immediate, mid-term and longer-term suspect and prospect opportunities to achieve the annual sales plan
- Providing regular sales forecasts and prospect opportunity updates to internal stakeholders
- Qualifying all leads and opportunities, including marketing supplied leads, to ensure an optimal focus to maximise sales, personal productivity and lead to order conversion ratios
- Presenting and demonstrating capabilities, representing the company at certain events
- Working closely with internal teams, harnessing resources to support new prospect acquisition and ongoing business development to exceed set sales targets
- Creating and submitting written sales proposals to support winning new business
- Maintaining detailed and accurate prospect and client data within a CRM System
- Maintaining a regular contact cycle with CRM primary contacts to develop relationships
- Negotiating and managing objections to maximise sales volume, value and margin
- Establishing company contracts with new clients, also securing client reference agreements
- Developing and implementing sales strategies to maximise client aftersales and retention
Required experience, skills, and competencies:
- Degree educated or comparable qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years and ideally over 3 years' experience in IT security sales
- IT security services solution selling (versus products sales) and negotiation skills
- Telephone and social selling skills using tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Generating own leads in addition to those received from marketing
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Leading sales funnel and specific opportunity review meetings with internal stakeholders
- Experience in effective sales pipeline management using a CRM system
- Able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. With an ability to prioritise and manage multiple prospect and client opportunities whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Analytical and numerate with experience in creating detailed sales forecast reports
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- On target earnings: Up to £80K (split 50% basic salary and 50% on target commission)
- Company car allowance
About the company:
This growing and ambitious company provides cloud and cyber security managed IT services and solutions. They are the trusted security partner to a range of respected companies operating, for example, in Automotive, Manufacturing and Telecommunications.
Their security services are for companies of all sizes and industries. At the core of their strength is a team of Security Experts who each have an average of 15 years' experience in designing, implementing and managing security solutions for leading global businesses. They are certified practitioners with real-world experience across a range of industries and Cyber security solutions.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, IT Sales, IT Security Sales, Field Sales, Technology Sales, Sales Professional, Technology Sales Executive will also be considered for this role.
- Account Manager
- IT Sales
- Sales Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Sales Executive
- IT Security Sales
- Senior Business Development Executive
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job