Job description - BDM E-Commerce
Our client is a Global Organisation who are currently seeking a resiliant and results focussed sales professional to join their dedicated Ecommerce Field Sales Team as a Business Development Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has been working in a Senior Sales or Account Management role and is looking for the opportunity to take the next step in their career. This is a field based role, covering the South of England.
As Business Development Manager, you will be required to identify and manage a new/development business pipelines which will generate profitable incremental business opportunities ensuring the growth objectives and targets of the BDM sales channel are met.
Using established processes and inter-personal management skills you will co-ordinate and develop relationships both externally and internally, ensuring the growth plans and goals of the BDM team are developed, communicated and agreed. Through the use of appropriate client audit processes and dealing directly with client senior management identify opportunities to generate professionally comprehensive proposals in conjunction with the Field sales channel.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in Sales and Business development and an existing knowledge of the International Express Logistics industry.
Duties will include:
* Manage the implementation of successful new business proposals by defining customer and our clients requirements through operational and commercial procedures to company standards ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction at the critical initial stages of the trading relationship.
* Liaise with other service areas to ensure company procedures are defined appropriately to meet new business needs, ensuring customer service levels are achieved and customer satisfaction enhanced.
* Manage the transition of project ownership from the Business Development Channel to Field sales channel ensuring both internal and external customers satisfaction.
* Report client and market dynamics using internally defined reporting procedures, in order to ensure business unit management are kept appraised of market developments and consequently our clients competitive position is maximised.
* Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports for senior management as directed, ensuring that management are kept appraised of performance relative to target, budget etc.
* As an ambassador of the our client sales force any by applying Total Quality techniques continuously strives excellence in terms of customer dialogue, negotiations, communications etc. thereby positioning our client as the pre-eminent leader/best demonstrated practice in the industry to all customers (internal and external alike).
* Be responsible for adhering to all current security procedures to ensure the safekeeping of all company and customer property.
Skills and Experience
* A proven sales background in a consultative selling environment within the express logistics industry
* Excellent Planning and Organising
* IT literate
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* Customer orientation
* Business acumen
* Commitment to excel
* Building and managing partnerships
* Results driven
* Uncapped commission scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* Life assurance
* Access to voluntary benefits portal