Business Development Manager - Infusion Pumps (North/Midlands, UK)
Office HQ: Winnersh (Reading) but Field Based
Company: Becton Dickinson
Role: Business Development Manager - Acute (North West, South Yorkshire, East & West Midlands)
Division: Medication Management Solutions (MMS)
Type : Full Time Permanent
Benefits : Upto £60k + 27.5% OTE uncapped + Car + Bonus + Laptop + Phone + Package
The Business Development Manager - Acute (BDM) will focus on growing the business through the gain of market share from our competitors, the retention of large Trust groups, and the ability to sell successful solutions to facilitate full BD penetration and share the BDX vision.
The BDM will work with customers to assist with improved patient outcomes and improved efficiencies and safety. The BDM will build excellent customer relationships, provide a first class customer experience and work to BD become the supplier of choice.
In collaboration with the team you will identify and research accounts, both BD and competitor accounts, to develop a strategic approach to that account in a timely manner to ensure the best opportunity of a successful tender outcome; Identify potential customers and the decision makers within the organization, up to and including board members of NHS Trusts and private organisations; Plan approaches and pitches.
Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the customer’s needs, pains and objectives.
You will be an expert in NHS market dynamics, procurement, CQC etc. and lead the organisation’s and certainly the Account Manager’s understanding here.
The BDM should analyse account business plans and consider opportunities from these; Participate in pricing a solution/service that speaks to the pain of the customer; Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion; You will attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends; Identify and access key senior market opinion leaders to develop the infusion agenda in line with the marketing strategy; Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels; Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales; Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators working across BDX as appropriate.
Project management as required for example distributors, Health economies and channels.
Key Skill and Experience
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Ability and demonstration of challenging the status quo;
- High personal accountability & integrity;
- Courage to drive through change in a professional manner;
- Passion to "make a difference" to the patient & health
- Proactive with the ability to take initiative with a 'can do’ attitude;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ability to build trust and engender strong relationships with the customers;
- High level of commercial awareness within the UK Healthcare and/or retail arena;
- Ability to assimilate complexity and to handle multiple-priorities;
- Challenge, collaborate and solve problems creatively;
- Focused and achievement oriented;
- Embodies trust, integrity and ethics inside and outside the Company;
- Self-motivated - demonstrates personal drive and ambition, fostering innovation, focusing on delivery to our customers;
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all BD Associates both within the UK and international markets;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels;
- Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM
- Adherence to/compliance with policies, processes and procedures;
- Valid and current driving licence
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community
- Business Development
- Infusion Pumps
- Medical Devices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job